Attorney Brian Tevis has a 10.0 rating of Superb on Avvo® and has handled over a thousand cases since beginning his legal career. Past clients have said that Mr. Tevis "is very knowledgeable, trustworthy, keeps you informed and fights to the end…He is worth every penny" and "is great to work with, always responsive, engaged and available. His attitude was to consistently walk the extra mile for the client…"
Attorney Tevis' past work experience includes working at the Office of the Public Defender and as a partner at Duke and Tevis, LLC before he founded The Tevis Law Firm, LLC as a solo practitioner. His experience with various facets of the law makes him a knowledgeable and capable legal advocate.His background has given him the chance to handle a wide range of criminal cases and to hone his trial skills, motions practice and ability to negotiate favorable pleas. He has represented clients faced with serious felonies including theft, drug charges, armed robbery, rape, and murder. Attorney Tevis was recently sworn into the Georgia Court of Appeals and Supreme Court of Georgia.
Publications, Presentations & Awards
He has written a few publications and given several different legal presentations which have ranged from "Should You Consent to a Police Search?" to "Using Motions to Win Your Case."
He has also been honored with a handful of awards including:
- Being Named a Top Contributor on Avvo®
- "Excellence for the Future- Trial Practice" by Center for Computer-Assisted Legal Instruction
- "Most Outstanding Advocate" by North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyer
- Martindale-Hubbell ® AV Preeminent ® rating
He strives to remain on top of changes in the law through continuing education. He has attended the following programs:
- Bill Daniel Trial Advocacy Program (GACDL)
- DUI Boot Camps in 2011 and 2014 (GACDL)
- Defense of the Child Molestation Case in Georgia (GACDL)
- Anatomy of a Case (GACDL)
- State Bar of Georgia
- University of Georgia, B.S., 2002
- Wake Forest University's School of Law, J.D., 2007
- Young Lawyers Division
- Criminal Law Committee
- American Bar Association
- National Trial Lawyers
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers